- Assessment of the specific type of anxiety you may be struggling with.
- Education about what anxiety is and how it functions.
- Focus on changing thought patterns that contribute to the continuation of the anxiety.
In general, the experiences that set off anxiety can be many things such as tests, performing in front of other people, closed spaces, heights, health worries, or remembering bad experiences. Or it may feel like the anxiety just appears without any noticeable outside triggers. People's experience of anxiety is personal and real, and each person's experience is unique. Few have all the symptoms, and each symptom is often presented in unique ways.
You may be experiencing some or all of the following:
- Feeling keyed up or on edge
- Difficulty controlling the nervousness
- Easily fatigued
- Muscle tension
- Sleep difficulties (waking up or not getting good sleep)
Anxiety is difficult to live with, and gets in the way of people doing what they would like to in their careers and personal lives. Anxiety is often very responsive to treatment, with research strongly suggesting psychotherapy as the first choice of treatment.
Please complete the form below, and one of our therapists will get in contact with you within 24 hours.