In general, the experiences that set off anxiety can be many things such as tests, performing in front of other people, closed spaces, heights, health worries, or remembering bad experiences, to name a few. Or it may feel like the anxiety just appears without any noticeable outside triggers. People's experience of anxiety is personal and real, and each person's experience is unique.
Symptoms of Anxiety
If you have anxiety, you may be experiencing some or all of the following:
- Feeling keyed up or on edge
- Difficulty controlling the nervousness
- Easily fatigued
- Muscle tension
- Sleep difficulties
Treatment may be thought of as consisting of 3 steps:
- Diagnosis of the specific type of anxiety you are struggling with.
- Education about what anxiety is and how it functions.
- Focus on changing thought patterns that contribute to the continuation of the anxiety.
Homework is part of treatment
Research suggests therapy
Please complete the form below, and one of our therapists will get in contact with you within 24 hours.